African Sweet and Spicy Fries
Dukkah spiced Sweet Things® sweet potato fries, served with ice cream, drizzled with chocolate ganache and sea salt caramel sauces with a maraschino cherry on top.
- 2 lbs. Sweet Things® Chef Cut Fries (L0100) Prepare according to directions, keep hot
- Dukkah spice blend (see recipe)
- Sea salt caramel sauce (see recipe)
- Chocolate ganache sauce (see recipe)
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Macadamia nuts toasted & chopped
- Dukkah Recipe
- 4 cups macadamia nuts
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- 8 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 8 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place macadamia nuts on a lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place sesame, coriander, cumin and fennel seeds on a lined baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Mix every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Cool the nuts and seeds for 10 minutes.
- Place macadamia nuts, seeds, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until nuts have broken down into small chunks.
- Store in a dry, airtight container until ready for service.
- Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup water and stir to combine. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has turned a deep amber hue, approximately 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile, warm the cream in a small saucepan.
- When the caramel is ready, slowly whisk in the warm cream and continue simmering the mixture until it is smooth, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then whisk in the butter and then the salt to taste.
- Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate broken into small pieces
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Place chocolate pieces in small bowl
- Heat cream just until hot, pour over chocolate pieces
- Stir until chocolate is melted, keep warm
- Plate Assembly
- In small bowl, place 4-5 ounces sweet potato fries
- Top fries with Dukkah spice blend to taste
- Place 2 scoops vanilla ice cream on top of fries
- Drizzle ice cream with caramel and chocolate sauces
- Top with some chopped macadamia nuts, dollop of whipped cream and maraschino cherry