Poblano Spudz Pileup
Tantalizers® Southwestern Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Spudz®, taco seasoned ground beef, pepper jack cheese, poblano cream sauce, jalapeños, avocados and fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 lbs. Tantalizers® Southwestern Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Spudz® (P39) Prepare according to instructions, keep hot
- Poblano Cream Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 pound taco meat (see recipe)
- 2 sliced jalapeños
- 2 sliced avocados
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Poblano Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup rough chop yellow onion
- 4 poblano chilies, charred, peeled, seeded, with membrane removed, then rough chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add poblano chilies and cook for 1 minute to blend flavors.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until reduced and the cream coats the back of a spoon, about 6 minutes.
- Cool mixture slightly then transfer to blender and process until smooth.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Taco Meat
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend minced onion, salt, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, dried minced garlic and oregano in a bowl. Set aside
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Crumble ground beef into hot skillet.
- Cook and stir until beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Add seasoning blend and water to ground beef, stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes.
Place 8 ounces Southwestern Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Spudz (P39) on plate. Top with 1/2 cup taco meat (or to taste) Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons Poblano Cream Sauce over taco meat, top with shredded pepper jack cheese, garnish with 2-3 slices of jalapeño pepper. Place 3 slices of avocados and a wedge of lime on each plate. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Southwestern Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Spudz®