Asian Puff Pileup
Lamb’s Supreme® Tater Roundabouts, shredded chicken, red and green peppers, water chestnuts, sweet and sour sauce, fried wonton strips
- 2 lbs. Lamb’s Supreme® Tater Roundabout (A26) Prepare according to directions – keep warm
- Sweet and Sour Sauce (see recipe)
- 2 pan seared chicken breasts – shred and keep warm
- 1 red bell pepper - julienned
- 1 green bell pepper – julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup fried wonton strips
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Leftover may be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
In medium bowl, place shredded chicken, water chestnuts, bell peppers and 3-4 tablespoons of sweet and sour sauce. Toss together to blend sauce with ingredients. On each of 4 plates place 1-1 1/2 cups tater roundabouts. Top with 1/4 chicken mixture. Top chicken mixture with the remaining bell peppers. Drizzle more of the sweet and sour sauce over bell peppers. Place wonton strips on top of each plate and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.