Marinated Flank Steak with Ricotta Whipped Mashed Potatoes
Argentinean marinated flank steak with grilled spring onions, ricotta whipped mash potatoes and served with a smoky red Chimichurri sauce. Chimichurri pronounced “chim-ee-choo r-ee”
- 1 flank steak
- 1 jar pre-made tomatillo salsa
- 1 lb. Lamb’s Supreme® Original mashed potatoes (M16)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- red chimichurri sauce (see recipe)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 limes - sliced
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- Red Chimichurri Sauce:
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 8 tablespoons dried oregano
- 16 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 bundles cilantro
- 8 bundles parsley
- 8 red bell pepper, seeds and pith removed
- 16 green onions, trimmed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except extra virgin olive oil in food processor. Blend on low while simultaneously drizzling in the oil, emulsifying until it forms a wet sauce-like paste. Allow to sit to infuse before putting into bottles for service.
- Steak Prep:
- Place the steak in a large baking dish, add 1 jar tomatillo salsa, marinate for 1 hour before grilling. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill to high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill on both sides to medium- rare doneness, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes. For serving, cut the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Place green onions and sliced limes on grill for 2-3 minutes each side.
- #M16 Lamb’s Supreme® Original Mashed:
- Prepare according to directions on case
- Add: 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup cream, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, stir until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate Assembly:
- Place sliced flank steak on serving platter with grilled onions and limes Place mound of ricotta mashed potatoes beside steak. Place small cup of chimichurri sauce on the side or using bottle drizzle sauce onto steak and garnish with fresh parsley and oregano.