Pistachio Dukkah Crusted Chicken Breast with Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
Egyptian origin, Pistachio Dukkah crusted chicken breast with spiced cauliflower steaks and red skin Mashed. Dukkah pronunciation: “DOO-kah”
- 2 lbs. Lamb’s Supreme® Bistro Style mashed, (M24) prepared as directed, keep hot
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- 3 cups panko, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- 3 whole eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into steaks
- Pistachio Dukkah (see recipe)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- curry salt
- olive oil
- dill sprigs
- Pistachio Dukkah:
- 4 cups shelled pistachios
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- 8 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 8 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 4 teaspoons fennel seed
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place pistachio nuts on a lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Place sesame, coriander, cumin and fennel seeds on a lined baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Mix every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Cool the nuts and seeds for 10 minutes. Place pistachio nuts, seeds, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until nuts have broken down into small chunks. Store any leftover in a dry, airtight container.
- Curry Spiced Cauliflower:
- Season cauliflower steaks with curry salt. Heat skillet med-high with olive oil. Pan sear cauliflower and finish in oven until fork tender.
- Pistachio Dukkah Crusted Chicken Breast:
- Dip chicken breast into beaten egg, then into pistachio dukkah blend. Brown in skillet with small amount of oil and finish in oven.
- Plate Assembly:
- Place one chicken breast on plate, alongside mound of Lambs Red Skin Mash drizzled with butter and 2-3 pieces of cauliflower steak. Garnish with dill sprigs.