Guajillo Chicken Tinga and Potato Dorados
Flavors of Argentina, Guajillo Chicken Tinga and Potato Dorados topped with Guajillo tomato salsa, watermelon radish, sliced radish, green onion, red onion and Queso Fresco. Guajillo pronunciation: “gwa-HEE-yo”
- 2 lbs. Lamb’s Supreme® White Mash (M16) prepared as directed, keep hot
- Guajillo Chicken Tinga (see recipe)
- Guajillo Salsa (see recipe)
- 10-15 6” corn tortillas
- 1 bunch watermelon radish, julienned
- 1 bunch regular radish, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1/2 red onion small diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 lb. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Queso fresco for garnish
- Guajillo Chicken Tinga:
- 2 ounces dried guajillo chilies
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- Saute onion and garlic in butter
- Grind chilies and liberally coat chicken breasts
- Add chicken and broth to onions and garlic
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender
- Shred chicken – keep warm
- Guajillo Salsa:
- 24 guajillo chilies, stemmed, seeded and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 medium white onion, peeled
- 1 vine ripened tomato, boiled 30 seconds, peeled and seeded
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, place 4 cups water, the guajillo chilies, garlic cloves and white onion and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer until the chilies are soft and tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer the boiled vegetables, the tomato and 2 cups of the boiling liquid to a large blender and set aside to cool before blending. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In medium, heavy saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Strain the pureed guajillo salsa into the pan. Add the bay leaf and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf and hold salsa for dorados.
- Heat tortillas in skillet, until slightly browned. Place small amount of mashed potatoes lengthwise down center of tortilla, top with chicken tinga, drizzle with Guajillo Salsa, sprinkle with Mexican blend cheese, roll up. Repeat with remaining tortilla shells and chicken tinga (amount of servings will vary depending on amount of chicken and mashed potatoes for each tortilla).
- Plate Assembly:
- Place small mound of shredded romaine on plate. Place two dorados on top of lettuce, place third dorado on top of the two. Drizzle with Guajillo salsa. Sprinkle plate with julienned and sliced radishes, diced onion and top with queso fresco.
- Place sliced limes and green onions as garnish on plate.