Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
4 each shrimp
Pimento Cheese Filling
6 cups (1-1/2 lbs.) extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese
2 cups good quality mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1-7 oz. jar pimentos, drained and finely diced
1-4 oz. jar pickled jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (optional for a spicy kick)
3-4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
Salt and pepper to taste
Yield: 10-15 servings
- Grate the cheese into a large bowl using the small side of the grater. The classic pimento cheese spread is chunky. You can make a smooth or creamy spread by whiplping it in the food processor. If you decide to make the pimento spread creamy, reduce mayonnaise by 1/2 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine grated cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Using a for, mix in the pimentos, green onions and jalapeño peppers (if using). Add salt and pepepr to taste. If the pimento spread is too thick, add additional mayonnaise - if too thin, add additional cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Prepare 4 oz. LW Private Reserve® Pinwheel Wedges® (item L3057) according to package directions.
- Stuff each Pinwheel Wedge with Pimento Cheese Spread and place on heated plate.
- Repeat step 2 until plate is filled
- Optional: serve with butter-poached garlic shrimp.